Search This Blog

Thursday 14 January 2010

BRIEF INTRO

Hello - I'm Andy. I'm sitting in a very cold flat in Streatham ready to start my blog. I won't waste too many words justifying it - after all, the whole idea anyone would want to read my views on the world is self-indulgent and egotistic enough. However, I will set out a couple of ground rules:
Firstly, I will never post anything with a 4-digit word count. It has been known in the past and it's just silly; you don;t want to read a book, and I don't have time to write one.
Secondly, I won't let it devour important working or social time - there are most certainly more important things in life and my obsessive nature is at times my worst enemy.
Thirdly, I will never use this as a glorified Twitter/Facebook status update - when I post it will be with genuine articles about something tangible, identifiable from the title.
Fourthly, I will cover a range of topics. This isn't a blog about one thing in particular - I reserve the right to talk about football one day and theology the next. Subscribe and I may one day write about something you find interesting, despite everything...
Fifthly, I will never block or ridicule a comment unless it's obscene, irrelevant or spam. I'm doing this primarily for selfish reasons (I have always sorted my thoughts and views through assembling them in written form - I feel the need for an outlet to motivate me!), but if it stimulates debate at any stage... well that would be brilliant.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. sounds heavy. but great.

    i shall be your first "follower".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, five rules in the first post!

    ReplyDelete